Sunday, August 1, 2010

My best friend/sister/wife turns 19!

Well hello again world!
Welcome to MY first blogging sesh ever. My co-blogger, Tara Meisner, apparently got a little too wrapped up in herself and failed to mention that she had created our blog so I had to find out about it via Facebook through one of my top creepers, Laura Waters.  All I've got to say it TGIF (Thank goodness I facebook).  I will let Tara's blog selfishness slide only because today was all about her but believe me, our picture will soon be changed.  

I also had a more or less stereotypical Sunday.  Woke up at my dear friend Heather's house after a fun little evening of friends and fun, went to church & brunch with my father and his wife (who will commonly be referred to as my evil stepmother), and then met up with the birthday girl (Tara), her BF (Dustin), and one of our BFFs (Katie) at one of my favorite places on earth, Ikea.  In a single day, I am bound to do at least one stupid thing and today was no different.  After realizing hauling the cart around Ikea was a hassle, I decided to abandon it.  Fast forward about 15 minutes, Ikea is calling my name on the pager.  At first Katie and I thought it was Tara and Dustin just playing a prank on us by announcing their arrival in the most obnoxious way possible, but then I realized that I had abandoned my wallet and keys along with the cart.   Fortunately, Ikea always has my back and my wallet and keys were returned to me safely and soundly.  However, like Tara (who got in wreck & didnt inform me?!), leaving Ikea took a turn for the worst for me as well because of one of my most dreaded activities: family dinner.

I recently went to a psychic at the request of my dear friend Lindsey.  I do not encourage one to take part in such activity unless they want to get a good laugh/ripped off. However that is besides the point.  Hoping that this psychic is incorrect about my future of a husband right out of college and twins shortly thereafter, she was certainly correct when she pointed out that I have a dramatic family.  Anyone that knows me or one of my family members would certainly agree. Tonight, I had the pleasure of going to dinner with my beloved & completely opposite sister (Jennifer), my brother-in-law whom I share a love/hate relationship with(Chris), his wonderful mother & stepfather, my adorable nephew (Carter), and my one-of-a-kind father & stepmother (aka evil stepmother) in honor of the one year anniversary of Jennifer and Christopher's wedding. We were having a pleasant time at Brio until my evil stepmother decided to make a scene.  I lost track of how many times she abruptly left the table to go cry in the bathroom, for reasons unknown to us, but this event has become so common to our family dinners that none of us really reacted...however, the other customers/employees in the restaurant did.  Despite the awkwardness at the dinner table, we managed to get out the restaurant without too many stares & made it home for my favorite part of dinner...dessert!  

Once home, Jennifer and Christopher FINALLY brought out their wedding cake which has been in the freezer for a year now and I made sure to document the event, claiming myself as their own obnoxious paparazzi.  I will admit that the cake tasted surprisingly good for being 365 days old, but I will also admit that saving a piece of my wedding cake until my one year anniversary is one tradition that I will not be participating in.  

After finding any possible procrastination tool (napping/eating, tivo/tv, facebook/general web surfing), I started my weekly history papers and managed to finish before midnight for the first time...ever.  Did I treat myself to another piece of cake for that? You betcha. Fortunately, this blog has served to procrastinate studying for my history test tomorrow but I am sad to say that I think I must say my farewells for the night.

But before I (b)log out (so clever, I know), I would like to reiterate a couple of things.  It was absolutely wonderful seeing my friends & family this weekend and I hope that my co-blogger had just as much fun on her birthday weekend as I did!  Finally a 19 year old...whoop & gig em!
I feel like this the start of a beautiful blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment