Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend in Austin

First of all I am going to say..Sorry Miss Saxton that I cannot include you in this post today because we were apart this weekend. However, I am very excited for when we are permanently joined at the hip in two weeks or so for a wild year in CStat :)

Friday-I headed southbound to see three of my favorite people ever...my boyfriend, Dustin, my grandma, Bobbi and one of my bestest friends Lindsey. After managing to survive a very long friday at work I took off for the ATX. I could not be happier that I survived that drive in my rental Kia Spectra considering the whole car shakes when going 70 mph. I arrived in Austin in one piece around 8 p.m. and was picked up by Dustin for a night with his fam. This consisted of us watching less than 20 minutes of about 5 different movies..one of them being Casablanca (the greatest movie of all time according to Hank Weghorst) After everyone went to sleep, Dustin and I went on an ice cream run to Amy's and it was delicious! Then I went back to Bobbi's to hangout with her for a little bit before going to sleep.

Saturday- Dustin and I went for a walk around Lake Austin and boy did we see some interesting people! There was a guy walking around eating peaches and smoking a joint, another guy running wearing girls nike shorts (no joke...it was disturbing), the most in shape little 5 year old I've ever seen, and an extremely pregnant lady (we guessed 7 months) pretty much sprinting..Keep Austin Weird i guess!

After, we had lunch at my favorite place to eat in Austin, Thundercloud and went to see Grace, Dustin's little sister, play volleyball. Man, can that girl jump! And she is so strong for being the skinniest one on the team. In celebration, we took her to Whole Foods to get caramel apples, which we were assured by Allen behind the candy counter that they were the best in the entire universe. Turns out they pretty much were so, thanks Allen! He also informed us that he saw Bob Dylan in concert one time and that he was a jerk.. just throwing that out there. (I still love you Bob Dylan)

Around 6, I headed back to Bobbi's to have dinner and bonding time with her. We ate at Abuelo's and watched some "Where are they now?" special on E! about previous Bachelor's which I loved considering I've watched almost every season. Around 10, Dustin picked me up and we went downtown to his friend Hanson's place to hangout before going to 6th Street. It ended up being me and 6 guys (can't say that I really minded) going out..unfortunately I was the only one under 21 so I felt like such a youngin'. I lucked out getting into their favorite bar which is only 21 & up and had such a fun Saturday night! Can't wait til I'm legal and can do that all the time!

Sunday- I got up bright and early to go see Lindsey's new house that she spent all Saturday moving in to. She shares in with 5 other girls and it is darling! I'm so jealous of their huge kitchen and living room. I can't wait to go back and visit again. After spending the morning with Lindsey, I went back over to Dustin's for lunch with their family. I ended up grating carrots for the carrot cake Grace was making (a skill I like to think I have mastered) before we sat down to an amazing home cooked lunch- a rarity at the Meisner household..we're more of a sandwich kind of family. We then headed to the mall to find Grace a white dress for her varsity volleyball pictures. Our Barton Creek Mall damages ended up being: one white dress for Grace, one dress for me, a mall pretzel, a large coke, and Godiva truffles. We also saw the chinese Jbiebs so I'd say it was a very successful outing. By then it was 3 o' clock and I had to head back to Dallas. I said my good-byes at the Weghorst household and met up with Bobbi to get Thundercloud again before I hit the road.

It was a lovely weekend and now I am so excited for my next roadtrip which will be COLLEGE STATION in 9 DAYS! WHOOP! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment