Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tara turns 19!

well hello world,
welcome to my first blogging sesh ever! this will actually be a joint blog of two roommates, Jackie & Tara, and all the adventures we encounter during our 3 years of college at Texas A&M. To explain, the name of the blog comes from the combination of Tara and Jackie together (Tacky) and the Hooters slogan obviously came to mind! Have to hand it to my business partner, Katie, for her creativity on that one.

Today, the day Tara was born, was for the most part uneventful, just a stereotypical Sunday. Woke up, went to church, lunch, and then Ikea! It was the first time I, Tara, had been to Ikea. We, meaning Tara and boyfriend, met up with Jackie and Katie, another Aggie, to shop for supplies for our new living areas. It was an excellent experience and I thoroughly enjoyed feeling like I was re-enacting one of my favorite scenes from (500) days of summer. I will definitely be back for more Swedish furniture designs. I mean really... who can resist those pictures? they are awesome and for such a good price! Leaving Ikea really took a turn for the worst, however, when I was rear-ended! on my birthday! The lady was however extremely sorry so I couldn't be too mad. Accidents do happen. We made it home safe and sound and are now just waiting for tomorrow to bring my car into the shop. Hopefully it can get fixed quickly because being without a car can be such a hassle.

After all the commotion, Boyfriend and I went to visit our friend who just moved into a new place in Ft. Worth. It is super cute and it was so good to be able to see him! Then we had dinner with the rents, opened presents, and had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert :) We also took personality tests given by my father and which confirmed how similar we are! Unfortunately he had to leave to drive back to Austin but I had a wonderful weekend with him and all of my friends! Can't wait for college to begin this month. I'm ready for it.

1 comment: